We are committed to our responsibility to protect and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and adults who may be at risk of harm.
This parochial church council has adopted the safeguarding policies and procedures of the Church of England. In particular we are committed to:
- The safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability
- Responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed
- Cooperating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation
- Ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse
- Extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from them
Who to contact
If you have an issue or a concern that you would like to discuss with our safeguarding officer, please contact Bev Collum-Mills or telephone the church office. Bev is also one of our church wardens.
If you prefer to talk to someone outside St Saviour’s, please see the Diocesan website here for the relevant contact details, including an ‘out-of-hours’ number.
Where to find out more
For further information about safeguarding at St Saviour’s, please see our safeguarding policy.
Another key document which we have adopted as a parish is the House of Bishops’ ‘Promoting a Safer Church’.
Local – children
- BCP Council – call 01202 458101 or 01202 458102
- Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) – call 01202 458873
Local – adults
- BCP Council – call Bournemouth Care Direct on 01202 454979
- Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Safeguarding Adults Board – call 01202 261015
- NSPCC – call 0808 800 5000 or email email@example.com
- Childline – call 0800 1111
- Stop It Now – call 0808 1000 900
- National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) – call 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans – call 116 123
- Family Lives – call 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline – call 0808 2000 247
- Action On Elder Abuse – call 0808 808 8141