Steve Evans encourages us to buy Fairtrade, but not just for Easter
In spite of all the upheaval with the pandemic, Traidcraft has managed to make a profit in the last year, and things are thankfully now looking much more stable than they were two years ago, when the company nearly collapsed. Nevertheless, here we are at the end of Fairtrade Fortnight and I have not been able to hold a stall due to the lockdown.
In early February I joined an online presentation about the next steps for Traidcraft, including increased organic products and recyclable packaging. It was really encouraging to hear about their plans and how hard they are working through the pandemic to continue supporting producers.
There was also a presentation by Traidcraft Exchange, the charity linked with Traidcraft, and I have pledged my trading profits for this year to their Regenerators appeal, which is working with farmers in the Rufiji area of Tanzania. The UK government will double this money.
The Traidcraft Spring catalogue is just out and as usual at this time of year they have a variety of Easter eggs, cards and decorations available. If you are considering ordering any of these items, I would be happy to take orders and deliver to your house (no post and packing to pay). I am also happy to do this for the ordinary tea, coffee, biscuits, etc., that I usually have on my stall, if anyone is missing being able to buy these. Here is how it works:
- Take a look at what is available on traidcraftshop.co.uk.
- Text or email me to tell me what you would like ordered.
- I will add this to my next Traidcraft order and let you know as soon as I can whether the items were available, and an expected delivery date.
- Once the order arrives, I will contact you again to confirm the price to pay and when I can drop the items to your door.
- You can pay me by bank transfer, or by leaving a cheque or cash on the doorstep.
- Any concerns or queries, please text me on 07789926512 or email me at email@example.com. Also let me know if you would like to have a copy of the Spring catalogue.
I hope that you all stay safe and look forward to hearing from you.
Steve Evans, Traidcraft
(Photo by Traidcraft)