Caz Gatehouse tells us how we can light up our homes on 31 October
This year as we cannot hold our Light Party in church, so why not have one at home? Let’s light up our homes and shine out a message that Jesus is the Light of the World! Let our homes shine out differently to those around decorated for Halloween.
Light Party At Home packs
To help you do this I am putting together some ‘Light Party at Home’ packs, including:
- Ideas to decorate your home – including things you can make during the lead-up to the 31st. You may like to get coloured tissue paper, glue, plastic 2-litre bottles, and battery night lights (or nightlight candles would work if you use glass jars and put them where they won’t get knocked over!) to try out some of these!
- The Pumpkin Prayer – as you carve your pumpkin, think about what Jesus has done for us. Also ideas of pumpkin-carving designs to make your pumpkin shine out for Jesus!
- Craft activities for your party – all you need for the crafts will be included, apart from felt pens or colouring pencils, scissors, glue – I am assuming you have those.
- Games ideas
- How to access our ‘Blacklight Puppet Show’ online
- Ideas for sharing your pictures and short videos of your party with the church family!
Why not dress up in fancy dress too, something that represents ‘light’? You could send us some pictures of you in your costume creations and we could make them into a virtual ‘fancy dress parade’!
How to get your pack
If you would like a pack, please let me know over the coming week so we can get them to you:
- Email your address to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text me on 07948799332
- Or pick up a pack from me on Thursday 22 October, 4-5.30pm, in the Link – it would be helpful if you give me a quick message so I can make sure we have printed enough!
Looking forward to seeing how you celebrate your Light Party 2020 at home!!
Caz Gatehouse, children’s minister