This year we launched an appeal for Fabric Funds. We need to replace our church doors and redecorate the church, so we will be holding various fundraising events over the next few months (a gift day has already happened), which we hope will be well supported by you and fun!! Find out more in Ignite 20, and keep a look out for further details during the year.
This time last year we were pondering on some questions that Justin Welby had set out in his book Dethroning Mammon. I have reproduced them here for those of you that missed them the first time round. See how you fare!
- Looking at your life, what gives you most joy and happiness?
- Where else in the Bible or in your life has God responded to a need or a request with over-generosity?
- What might God be calling you to value more?
- What might God be calling you to value less?
- What is your most valuable possession?
- Are there any circumstances under which you could imagine giving it away?
When you have pondered these difficult questions and arrived at your answers, and given that during September we have been looking at the ‘Generosity of God’, perhaps you feel that you would like to discuss your giving to the church/finances/time/talents. Please feel free to come and have a chat to me.
‘Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.’ 2 Corinthians 9 verse 7
God bless you in your giving
Pat Smart, Treasurer