Jesus said ‘I am the Light of the World’ (John 8 verse 12). As believers of Jesus we are invited to share his light and his love that dwells in our hearts through the Holy Spirit. What a privilege – to serve God!
‘Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.’ (Matthew 5 verse 16) What an invitation – to give glory to God!
Sharing God’s light and love is at the heart of all pastoral care at St Saviour’s Church. We have many folk among us with real servant hearts who have been gifted with wonderful pastoral gifts. It is so encouraging to see these people seize God-given opportunities to use their pastoral gifts to serve others and bring God glory.
- Thank you to Sharon, Maggie and their team of helpers who distributed Harvest flowers and fresh produce to individuals within our parish recently
- Thank you to our team of Link helpers, who serve pastorally those who pop into the Link
- Thank you to our Pastoral Care Team who support and help Andy McPherson in caring for the congregation
- Thank you to our welcome team, to all home group leaders, children’s work helpers, and leaders of weekly groups who offer pastoral care whenever needed
- Thank you to Ethney and her team who visit the sick and vulnerable, taking them Holy Communion and arranging Sunday services at the Retired Nurses Home
- Thank you each of you- as you greet each other at church and during the week with warmth and encouragement
Thank you Lord that you are granting opportunities and working through people as they are involved in pastoral care – to share your light and love and bring you glory.
Please be praying for the pastoral work that goes on at St Saviour’s.
Opportunity to serve:
Two co-ordinators from St Saviour’s are required to be a link between the church and Safe Families for Children and Hope in the Community. These are two recently launched community projects which we are supporting. Please speak to Andy if you are interested in finding out more.